Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What shifter can I get for my 700R4 that will fit into a '69 automatic console. I am hoping it will look something like a 4 speed with the boot coming up through the console.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You can check with summit or jegs tech dept.I think B&M makes their mega shifter that will fit consoles.

------------------
69 Camaro SS 350 4 speed
55 Belair Sedan Pro Street 355 auto 9''

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had called B&M about a shifter for my 68 Camaro console. They told me that the shifters they have are made for the newer consoles and that they are too tall for the older consoles. If you hear something different from them, please let me know. I have B&M Quick Silver that came with my car that I will be selling since it IS to tall for my console.

------------------
There is nothing like doing it yourself. www.creeksideclassics.com

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a '67 coupe with a console. When I installed my 700R4 in my car, I went through the same thing you guys are. I chose a B&M Megashifter for my car. It is the universal model, and it did take a lot of work, but turned out excellent in my opinion. Anyone wanting to see detailed pictures, or needed some tech help on the subject, feel free to email me at: [email protected]. Good Luck!

------------------
Son's 67-327, Dad's twistin' wrenches again after 25 yrs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Am not sure this will help, but if you want it to look original check with Classic Ind. i see in their catalog they have conversion parts to use the stock shifter.

------------------
69 CAMERO STD/ZMONIQUE
78 BLAZER 2WD
(WIFES CAR)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts