Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please bare with me..We're repo'ing a 67 RS/SS Conv and am needing shocks..(none came with the car)
I also have a 67 RS Coupe that we've made some mod changing on it including front and rear suspension so I gave the 4 shocks (that was installed in 2006 by the PO) to the builder on the Vert..He said the fronts went on fine but the rears that have eyelets on bottom and threaded rod on top(like the fronts) can not be used..that they should have eyelets top and bottom..
I looked in the AIM (UPC4;SheetB3;Page 65) and the rear shocksI find look like what I gave him..threaded on top/eyelet on bottom..do the shocks for the Convertible mount differenly than the Coupe and If so where in the AIM is it located..
Thanks (Sorry for the long post:eek:)

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
There is a shock mounting plate that bolts to the floor pan with two bolts. There is a hole in the middle that the rod end of the shock goes through. If these are missing it could be confusing . I have seen where someone has removed the plates and installed Chevelle style shocks.

·
Retired
26,590 Posts
Give a copy of the AIM to your builder... These cars have been through so much over the past 45+ years who knows what might have been done to your car. Sounds like something has been adapted in order to require an eyelet upper mount. If the factory parts were just missing he probably would have told you T-bolt style upper mounts.

What you need to figure out is did someone actually make an improvement to eliminate wheel hop and improve handling or was it a hack job and then decide if you want to keep the mod or go back to the factory mounting.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
..Thanks to all..this is sounding alot better:hurray:.. I will print a copy of the AIM..I hope I can find everything I need..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts