Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ..I have a 1969 with a 2001 LS1 engine and a 2 inch drop all arround ...so im wondering what kind of shocks should i use so my car has a performance feel and not a granny car feel bouncing all arround like a rice rocket thanks

My PROJECT

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
I agree with 'chicane's recommendation of Koni's.
I would recommend you leave them adjusted at the soft or medium setting for the first couple years and then tighten if necessary. The 'hard' setting is just that.
I used a set of Edelbrock's on a car a month or so ago - owner is quite happy with ride and handling so far. Don't know how good in long run, but this is a street car and they should give good service.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
The Edelbrock shock is a Bilstein pop-off with the rebound valve as a floater. This allows it to be 'velocity' senstive.

I also agree with Vintage 68's recommendation of shock settings with KONI's is respect to their age. Full hard is not too bad with stock springs, but anything more than stock they should be run loostened up.

·
Premium Member
13,705 Posts
Chicane - "'velocity' senstive", that's the reason I picked the Edelbrocks for that car. He wanted a decent 'street ride' and I went with softer springs and the Edebrock shocks to help keep things settled down but still be very compliant. I had heard from several people that these shocks help alot with stock type spring rates but aren't the best if increased rate springs are used. So far seams to be working out that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts