Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
That's an interesting question. According to most references the short spoiler was used from Sept '68 thru Jan. '69. Then somewhere in Jan. '69 the long spoiler was "phased" in. So, as far as an exact cutoff date for short and long, I don't think that has been determined (althogh CRG may be working with this). It would seem the plants used what was "on hand". John Z or Kurt S can probably provide some insights on this.

Here are some replys from a former post:

JohnZ
Tech Team
posted 10-31-2000 07:48 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My '69 Z (02D - late February) is an X33 car and has D80 with the short rear spoiler; as with many Norwood cars, it doesn't have D80 on the cowl tag. The car is an untouched original, with D80 on the original price sticker and on the GM of Canada documentation as well. It appears that February was the last month where rear spoilers were mixed lengths.
------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

[email protected]
Tech Team
posted 10-31-2000 09:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Z,
My Z/28 is an X33 car with a build date of 02D also. My car has the wide spoiler. I'll e-mail my VIN # to see how far apart our cars were built.
How did you verify your car was a Canadian model? I have no Doc's with my car and it spent 25+ years of it's life in a town 20 miles from the Canadian border. Who knows it could be from Canada also. I just got the phone # of the 2nd owner of the car today. I'll have to ask him when I get ahold of him. Cary
------------------
69 Z-28 R/S
aytona Yellow, Blk Vinyl Top, X33, DZ302, M21, 4.10 Posi, Dlx interior, 8k tach, console and guages, wood wheel and dash, ZL2 ducted hood, endura bumper.

This is the link:
http://www.camaros.net/forum/Forum6/HTML/000695.html

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tim Meredith:
They were in Sep. and a few in Oct of 68. And that was about it.

TIM
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, they were still using them in February of '69, mixed with the long one.

------------------
JohnZ
CRG
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

1 - 9 of 9 Posts