Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to swap from a long water pump to a short one for my chevy 350 because of my blower. I was wondering how I will go about doing this? Do the alternator and power steering pump both mount on the drivers side or what? Where can I go to find some stock brackets? I dont want to drop a couple hundred dollars on aftermarket stuff.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Yes, both alternator and p/s pump go on the drivers side. The power steering bracket should be the same but the pulley is different (I think its a deeper dish). If you look in the "Tech Articles" section of this web site there is an article that gives GM part numbers for a Corvette lower alternator bracket. A generic upper alt bracket can be made to fit easily enough.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, both alternator and p/s pump go on the drivers side. The power steering bracket should be the same but the pulley is different (I think its a deeper dish). If you look in the "Tech Articles" section of this web site there is an article that gives GM part numbers for a Corvette lower alternator bracket. A generic upper alt bracket can be made to fit easily enough.

Hope that helps.
is there anyplace I can go to order these part #'s instead of the dealer? I just looked at the tech section and it looks like the alternator brackets will work.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
try www.gmpartsdirect.com They are a little cheaper than the dealer. You can check into ALan Grove brackets too, but I think they are more expensive that the one or two pieces you would need from the GM dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Heres a alt bracket. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-SMALL-BLOCK-ALTERNATOR-BRACKET-SET_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38656QQihZ018QQitemZ280189303122QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW Not sure if it will work for you, but its the one I have. What blower do you have? Where does the alt have to be mounted? Heres a power steering bracket. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVY-S-B-V-8-POWER-STEERING-PUMP-BRACKET_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ38656QQihZ018QQitemZ280189302819QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW I have both of these in my setup.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just FYI to anyone getting ready to purchase the power steering bracket posted the second link above from MNM99.
It won't work on a '69 Camaro. The bracket mounts the power steering pump too low and the outlets on the back of your pump will hit your subframe crossmember. The part# I bought from the above link was GM3993314---It won't work.
I just put on a bracket made by Alan Grove 913-837-4368 tonight and it fits great. Part# 400L their website gives good diagrams with dimensions.
The site is listed in other posts.
Anyway just trying to pass on some info. to help others @ TC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts