Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading a web site that said front shoulder belts for 69 were rare? Is this true? If so, then my 69 has them. Doesnt seem rare to me.

HELP!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have read that the shoulder seat belt is very rare.
Toby,
If they are original you have one of the rarest options.

If you go to this URL there is information about rare optioned Camaro's: http://www.holisticpage.com/camaro/index_fs.htm

The guy who created the web site knows his first gen camaros. Click on The Camaro's then Rare Camaro's. He lists the option code and numbers of 69's with your option.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A85 Belts; front shoulder, Custom Deluxe type (convertible only) (RPO-A85 also listed as RPO-YA3 during 1969) 922 26.35

or maybe this one...

AS1 Belts; front shoulder, standard type for use with standard seat belts (convertible only) (RPO-AS1 also listed as RPO-YA3 during 1969) 47 23.20

The car does have a deluxe interior and is a hard top. I assume the options list is on the plate on the firewall? It's been a few years since I have done the research thing.
I should make sure the deluxe interior came on the car when new.

It looks like its rare only if its a rag top.

I wonder what else I am going to dig up...I think I better get my investigator cap on.

[This message has been edited by Toby T. (edited 12-04-2001).]

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
Shoulder belts were standard equipment on all coupes, optional on convertibles. Only coupe option was deluxe belts (satin chrome buckles), which were NOT included with the deluxe interior.

------------------
JohnZ
'69 Z28 Fathom Green

·
Retired
26,640 Posts
I believe this came up a month or two ago... Sholder belts were required starting in '69 and early 69's (before jan 1) were not required to have the sholder belts...

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts