Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a newbie. I just haven't been on here in awhile. I'm back in Iraq stacking my paper so I can purchase my house and work on the 69 camaro. I had r&r 3 weeks ago and I helped pull a 350 engine and transmission out of my buddies 69. It took little over 4 hrs and it was a first for both of us. I will be pulling my engine in June and dropping it off at the performance shop for a build up and rebuild to 420 or so horsepower. I will also be media blasting my subframe and replacing all the bushings with the help of my buddies blasting machine and with help on the bushings. Thats where I'am right now. I will keep you posted. I have pics of his removal of his engine and front clip. I just have no idea on how to post them. Talk to you later .

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Welcome back to TC David. Glad to have you aboard! I also want to say thank you for your service. You guys are doing a great job over in Iraq. Be safe! :waving:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Its the soldiers that deserve all the credit. I came over here as a civilian in 05 to make money and to do my part for the soldiers. It gives me a sense of pride to interact with them on a daily basis. Since being over here it has been all about these men and women who fight for what we take for granted back home. Once again thank the sodiers. I'm just doing a job.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome Dave ...from the Pacific NW ,I see your in Texas ,my family is in Kilgore visiting Dad and Grandpa...for spring break...enjoy and take your time with your car have fun..Happy Motoring

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you gentlemen. I'am looking forward to getting my hands dirty for a bit working on the car instead of getting all dirty from this big sandbox of Iraq. Its nice to come home for a bit. It gets harder to go back each time I come home on r&r. I will be taking my engine out the 2nd day I arrive to run it up to the performance shop, and it will be done and back in the beast in a week before I head back. I will be driving it to the bbq at the lake on the 4th of July. Man , I can't wait to throw back a couple of cold ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts