Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,155 Posts
I need to know if there is a differance in a 67 and a 69.I changed to longe water pump.Thanks
Think the fan clutch comes in to play here also . Or spacer if you dont have one. Ac/and Non Ac also a factor. 67/68 are in the same category. 69 is by itself. There are also differant radiator widths, 21" and 23" .

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
67 and 68 used short water pump. 69 used long water pump.

As Don stated, 69 is by itself and is generally "thinner" front to back compared to the 67 and 68.

Not sure what to tell you to use. What size radiator do you have and is it stock?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hae a summit alum rad with long water pump and taurus ele fan and I want to go back to mech fan,I have the fan,but was thinking my old 67 shroud wouldn't fit.So looks like I need to get a 69.Oh,I now have vintage air.

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
FWIW, I have a long water pump with a '69 shroud, Flex-o-Lite clutch fan, and Hayden clutch. The fan barely does go into the shroud. The difference in height between a long and short pump is a little over an inch so in my case a '67 shroud would probably not cause a problem. I'd mock it up before I bought anything if I were you. Easy enough to do.

If you're going to run a straight mechanical fan with no clutch, there are all different sizes of spacers so you can position it correctly. I think my old mechanical fan used about a 2" spacer so a 1" spacer would probably set it up right in an early shroud.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts