Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just bought a 1969 Camaro. It's been 12 years since I owned a 1969.

My question is are the side marker lamps suppose to flash when the turn signals are activated? Or is it just the fog lamps & tail light lenses that flash? It's been a long time since I worked on one of these and I have to get the cobwebs out because I just can't remember if the side marker lights are supposed to flash with the turn signals.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Side markers do not flash. Only the ones as you stated.

·
Registered
819 Posts
If you want them to flash it's an easy mod. Especially if the side markers have the two wire sockets.

·
Registered
819 Posts
If the side markers have a single wire socket you'll have to get two wire sockets that fit first. With the two wire socket, one wire is connected to the parking light circuit and the other is connected to ground. All you need to do is "unground" the ground wire and connect it to the turn signal wire for the same side the marker is on. Left marker ground to left turn signal + and right marker ground to right turn signal+. The marker lights will use the turn signal filaments as a path to ground because the turn filaments are a much heavier gauge. When the signal turns on, the marker will be positive on both sides and will go out. When the signal turns off, the ground is restored and the marker lights up. I wouldn't use this wiring on the rear markers because when you step on the brake the markers will go out. I forgot to add that when the parking lights are turned off the markers will flash with the turn signals because the markers are then using the parking filaments as a path to ground.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts