Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My side windows, passenger & driver, do not line up to the the quarter window. when standing at the back tires looking forward to the front there is a 1/4" gap between the windows, has anyone ever ran into this problem, if so what is the remedy? thanx.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
You are going to love this...there is a good bit of adjustment to the windows in a first generation Camaro. Unfortunately it is a pain in the a$$ to get it all adjusted properly. I spent about 3 or 4 weekends fooling with mine before I was happy with the results, and they are still not 100% perfect.

You will have to remove your interior door panels and rear panels to gain access to the adjusters. If you are an able mechanic you should be able to figure out how it all works, but I strongly recommend you get the fisher body manual for your year of car.

They explain in relatively good detail how to adjust the glass and show where all of the adjustment points are. I found that the best way was to loosen all the adjusters on one side of the car (with the windows rolled up and door shut) and slide the glass by hand into position. A helper on the other side of the glass makes this much easier. Then tighten up the nuts and double check operation to see if it all stays put. Then if it needs tweaking, repeat.

Hope this helps you! Good luck and keep trying, you'll get it!

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4 at http://www.100megsfree.com/choptop/camaro.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.