Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to figure out how to repair the front signal light ground wire that broke off of my 68 Camaro.

Can anyone tell me if this can be repaired and how to go about doing it?

Also, is there supposed to be something that goes around the light like some sort of piece of rubber to fill in the gap between the front of the light and the base? I am wondering if mine rotted away over time.

TIA,
Jason

See pics below:
Wood Finger Automotive lighting Bumper Vehicle door

Hand Water Liquid Fluid Thumb

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Install a 1/4” crimp eyelet terminal and star washer and ground it to one of the 1/4-20 mounting studs.

There should be a foam rubber lens gasket afaik.

Don

·
Registered
468 Posts
I did what Don suggest with my 2 new park lamp assemblies. Grounded the wire from each park light mount stud to the core support. Only way to get a ground with a plastic grille. Most new assemblies come with the ground wire.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So you all are just suggesting that I add a new ground wire and attach it to one of the studs that come out of the assembly? I was trying to determine if there was a way to reattach the ground to the same area where the factory ground was but that looks to pressed in with a rivet of some sort.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
So you all are just suggesting that I add a new ground wire and attach it to one of the studs that come out of the assembly? I was trying to determine if there was a way to reattach the ground to the same area where the factory ground was but that looks to pressed in with a rivet of some sort.
Yes

·
Registered
910 Posts
If you want to put it back to where it was, you would want to strip about a 1/4 of the wire and solder it to the terminal it detached from. Clean connections first. Then use some heat shrink, but the recommended way is just as good, easier, and cheaper if you don't have all of the necessary tools and supplies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts