Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched the archives before posting this, but didn't find anything.
Simple question, I know, but I'm replacing my gas cap with an SS reproduction. It has a wire circle with a screw attached. . . but what's the deal? Is it to keep the gas cap from being lost? If so, where does the screw attach to the body? Dumb, I know, but it's not readily apparent to me.
Much appreciated.
BikerTrash
67 Convertible

·
Registered
111 Posts
BikerTrash,

I have the gas cap on my RS/SS convert. and I don't have issues with messing the paint up. I'll look when I get home at the attachment.

------------------
Barry Holland
1967 RS/SS Convertible
Red w/White top and Interior
355 w/ 280H Comp Cam, 9.75:1, 461's (2.02/1.6), Holley 750 VS
PowerGlide w/ 2500 stall
4.10 12 bolt posi., 25.1" tires (60 series)

·
Registered
730 Posts
I believe it was the lower left screw hole for the filler tube flange. But I cut mine off too! The repros' cable is just too flimsy. The original cable was much stiffer and the cap just swung out (an anti-theft devise I imagine).

John

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
I have mine hooked to the filler tube screw. To avoid paint scratches, I simply don't let anybody put gas in my Toy. Although I understand I don't have chilly winters down here, which can convince some to let the service Guy do the job.

------------------
Our affair with Camaros is a live sentence without the possibility of parole. www.geocities.com/c68ss http://home.coqui.net/borench

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
My SS has the orginal gas cap and it indeed does attatch to the lower left bolt on the filler tube. The bolt has a hole in it for the cable to pass thru.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.