Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a frequent visitor to this site, professional web developer, and Camaro owner, I was just wondering what hardware and software is used to support camaros.net? Does it run on a dedicated server? What kind of database and scripting software? Just useless information that interests a computer geek like me.

·
Administrator
2,652 Posts
We are running on a dedicated 3.06 server. Linux/apache sees the processor as two so that helps the speed.
1 gb of ram, 80gb drive and an 80gb backup.

I'm considering upgrading the ram and going to mirrored 80gb drives and keeping the backup drive as well. The alternative, depending on what happens is one server for database and the other for normal requests. I'd like to wait awhile on that, our loads are not too bad right now. the server does have other sites like chevelles.com on it as well.

A variety of individual scripts which we are moving to replace with php and mysql in the next couple of months.
mysql is new to me so I'm struggling a bit with getting all of this together. We are also hoping to re-design the site as it really needs a facelift.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Al, thanks for the info. I'm also in the process of learning PHP and MySQL. I have tons of business web development experience with ASP, ASPX (.NET), VBScript, Javascript, SQL Server 2000, stored procedures, etc. but I'm a little lacking in experience with free open source products and Linux. Good luck with the mods and if you ever need assistance with anything just shout. I've been coding web applications full-time for several years now. This is a great site and I'd be willing to help anytime.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts