Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,154 Posts
yeah, me too. the wierd thing was when i clicked on the site at about 5 pm 3/6, it came up (on my favorites), then shut it off(the computer), came back about an hour later and clicked on favs. and it took me to what appeared to be the host site, but no camaros.net
.now tonight (1:30,westcoast) i tried it again on favs.,same result as earlier,so i tried a search for it, and here i am!? oh well im here now and its working,cool.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Thank God. The withdrawal was merciless.

Al/Dennis - what happened?

------------------
Rick Dorion
69 RS Conv,355,M20,4.10's and I don't worry about stone chips ( yet ).

·
Administrator
2,656 Posts
I've always ran the dns, that's the part of the server that looks up the address and converts it to the 'number' of the website.
I thought it would be faster and tidier if the network that hosts the server took over the lookups rather than looking up the address on one network and then going to the other.
They entered the number wrong. camaros.net went to the correct place but the www.camaros.net went to another spot on the server. The problem with all this is that this lookup info gets spread around the internet to all the providers servers so it takes 24 hrs before the next update takes place. that's why we were not available for so long.

Very frustrating and I managed to stir up a great deal of activity in the center about this.

We may be changing back to another lookup system that is on the same network, only ran directly off our equipment.

aha, so it was you, was it Chris?
That's my back door to the server.

[This message has been edited by Al (edited 03-07-2002).]

·
Registered
734 Posts
If you really wanted to, you could read and post on this site, you just had to delete the www. in the first bit of the link you wanted to go to. I did this only a few times, then I quit cause I didn't knew if it would/could hurt the progress of repairing the server.
Anyway it is working now.....Thanks Al!

------------------
David
I don't suffer from insanity.....I enjoy every minute of it!
'67 & '68 camaro SS (1:18)
'69 camaro RS/SS (1:18)
'70 chevelle SS blown (1:18)
'32 deuce coupe (1:18)
only $1800 away from a '67 RS (1:1)
Pics http://hobbystage.net/camaro/camaro_crew
http://hobbystage.net/camaro/dl

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks God! I thought I was going to have to sell my car because I'd never be able to finish w/o the help I get here!!!

Thanks! Really!
Rob

·
Registered
74 Posts
I can't be cut off COLD TURKEY like that. I need more warning so we can put together a support group.

AL, thanks very much for getting us back on line.

------------------
Dallas
67 SS 350 (clone)

·
Retired
16,053 Posts
Thanks Al, you are a trooper.
I was without Camaro info. from Wed. at 11am to Thur. at 3pm before all the links along the web found my ISP again. Phew, hands shaking, decaf now.

Funny how some areas like Hawaii got it back 15 hours earlier than me. Must be those Hula skirts get favoritism from ISP's

------------------
69RS 350/255 LM1,TH350,Dover White,Blue Vinyl top
F&R spoilers,pdb,ps,am/fm,4.10 Posi.,A/C,
fold down rear seat.
My RS www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS

·
3,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Site works fine from my .mil and .edu (work and school computers) but I have to remove the www from every page to get them to open at home at my rr.com address.

------------------
Jeff 67/68 & 69 RS's
65 442 www.hobbystage.net/camaro/hawaiiancamaro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.