Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the skinnies on the front hog meats in the back look and I am looking for a skinny radial that will work with a 68. I have ralleys that were cut to 5 inches but I want radials all the way around. Anyone with ideas?

·
19,801 Posts
I have 205/65/15's on 5" prostars...pics in link

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
I just bought a new set of wheels and tires. I like to run 165sr15's that is the perfect tire for the "skinny" look. There are several brands out there that will work. khumo, michelin, dunlop, etc...

If you check out the pictures in my link you will see what the 165s look like.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I as well have a 15x5 unilug Rally I got from US wheel. I use it as a spare. Fits my ford rear,front Gm,and trailer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Originally posted by camaroman7d:
I just bought a new set of wheels and tires. I like to run 165sr15's that is the perfect tire for the "skinny" look. There are several brands out there that will work. khumo, michelin, dunlop, etc...

If you check out the pictures in my link you will see what the 165s look like.
Very very nice stance and look. Precisely what I'm looking to have with my '69. Just have to figure out what size wheels and tires will fit or what I'd have to do to my stock suspension. Don't want the front too skinny as I like to drive it around town every chance the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
777 Posts
look at these on a 69 (8's and 5's)

posted by bigdawginva
----------------------------------------------
Very very nice stance and look. Precisely what I'm looking to have with my '69. Just have to figure out what size wheels and tires will fit or what I'd have to do to my stock suspension. Don't want the front too skinny as I like to drive it around town every chance the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm with dawg. Used to use VW radials on skinny front wheels because they would last forever. Skinnies are for speeding up and going straight, forget about braking and cornering!! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
777 Posts
Weld draglites are made for the street,Just as your wheels are.The only sizes that are drag race only are the 3 1/2 fronts and 14 inch and above rears.I'm pretty sure the wheels on the front of your car are 5 inch I've never heard of a 4.5 wide in cragar or weld.I've had 10 or 11 sets of weld and cragar(weld lookalikes).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts