Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a known issue that causes this on a 1967? Aside from old wiring, worn out motor, and lousy charging system, is there some other issue that commonly causes the wiper motor to run slowly. Like perhaps a ground issue or something like that? I dont want to replace it and end up with the same situation. I know the wiring is kinda tricky. Is there a way to jump the motor with a hot lead to see if the motor is ok and or properly grounded. ? I have the same issue with my a/c blower motor too if that helps. I think thats just a worn out motor though as it whistles when running.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
My 69 still has the original motor and it works fine, but it might rain more in NY than in Texas. I believe the motor grounds itself to the cowl sheetmetal. I did an LS install last year and reconfigured how the power was routed under the hood and to the dash. Since then I have noticed that the wiper motor is much happier - the wiper arm motion seems to be more consistent without slowing down if engine RPM drops. The 130 AMP alternator probably helped too.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. The motor is grounded by one of the mounting bolts with a strap of some sort? I did the SI alternator conversion years ago and that fixed all my dimming lights and such. Ill have to check that ground point. Also, doesnt the wiper switch need to be grounded with a star washer inside the dash? Ill have to look at that too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts