Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of a junkyard swap to a small hei distributor for a small block chevy?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks but this car currently has a big hei in it now but it is way to close to firewall

·
Registered
183 Posts
Contact Dave Ray, IgnitionMan, he has an answer for you, but it won't be as inexpensive as you wish. It will be one of the very best solutions you can do, though. I now have 14 of Dave's conversions, and they are nice.

Dave Ray
DAVE's small-body HEI's
[email protected]

Regards

Milton

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Dave's website is www.davessmallbodyheis.com

Not as cheap as a do-it-yourself, but IMO a very nice product.

I guess it might be possible to use a mid 80s divorced coil style GM HEI; I have no idea what range of vehicles they came on, but my 87 truck had one. What I do not know is if that style has any circuits that interact with the electronic control module (ECM).

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Dave's website is www.davessmallbodyheis.com

Not as cheap as a do-it-yourself, but IMO a very nice product.

I guess it might be possible to use a mid 80s divorced coil style GM HEI; I have no idea what range of vehicles they came on, but my 87 truck had one. What I do not know is if that style has any circuits that interact with the electronic control module (ECM).
Pretty sure your 87 truck had no advance mechanism inside the distributor--all advance was handled by the ECM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts