Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have disc brakes in front of a 69-BB and the power booster hits the valve cover (the last owner just dented the crome covers enough to clear it). I want to put some tall aluminum covers that will look nice and clear the roller rockers (I already bought them they are pretty nice). My guy at the performance shop said I could get a 1978 Monza booster and it would work (it's smaller). I would like to get rid of it all together and go manual because my cam is so big that there is no vacuum anyways. My other buddy who races has not gone to disc in front because of that. Is there any way to go booster-less with the discs in front? Now if I do go with a smaller booster and get a vacuum pump will that work? It's street/(mostly)strip, actually it is a street legal drag car basically. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
Do you have the correct frame mounts and crossmember. There is no reason to dent a valve cover unless it is really tall with the correct engine placement

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The frame and mounts are ok but it needs the tall valve covers and it's a big block so they don't fit under the power booster on the driver side. I've seen some where they machine a piece out of the valve cover to fit them on show cars. Some one told me I could just simply remove the power booster and bolt up the master to the wall. Thanks for your reply Oger.

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
How tall are the valve covers. My friend just put a set of M.T. alum. which will clear Roller rockers if you cut the little tits out on a 69 BB car with power brakes and they fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts