Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off thanks to everyone who has been helping me get this thing running. I have a sniperstealth witch dui ignition and Holley in tank pump. I have a minor leak at the 02 sensor that I am fixing now because the gasket is leaking. My problem is that it starts and stalls instantly then acts flooded. Once it clears and warms up it runs decent. Where should I start.? It chugs just Lomé it did with carb.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i read a lot of different posts and am trying to sort it out. This motor has always been cold blooded.

·
Super Moderator
32,351 Posts
Maybe the IAC is not going to fast idle position?
If cold, then ECU is supplying fuel, as you suggest its rich, but if idle air control is not open far enough as in fast idle, then rich condition with a lower RPM position.

·
13,867 Posts
Go into the set up and enrichen the fuel at start up

At start up you’re in open loop. That is the fuel and air supply is not governed by the O2 Sensor.

When warmed up it goes into closed loop that adjusts mixture based on sensor feedback.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you both l will look into both of these today. It acts like it’s flooding so wouldn’t I want to lean it out. I can raise the fast idle also as posted above. I’m going to try and Dara log it later today.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Also make sure you have the IAC position percentage set between 2-10% like it says under "Throttle Blade Adjustment."

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was able to get it to start and idle for awhile. Hopefully If it starts tomorrow the same I can double check everything and make the adjustments everyone is suggesting. I need to add the throttle lever extension also. Throttle sucks with 4:10 gears and a 4 speed.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was able to get it to run and start to learn. I think the main problem is the idle drops quickly and can’t recover but I’m hoping it will learn and get better. I’m can’t get back too it until weekend. The afr looks good compared to target and iac is in the 2 to 5% range.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put a few more miles on it over the weekend. It definitely starts quicker is still learning. I’m trying not too adjust anything until I’ve got at least 50 to 100 miles on it. I’m still trying to solve a problem where the idle drops too quick occasionally when coming to a stop.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Did you fix that exhaust leak? Exhaust leaks anywhere near the O2 can wreck havoc.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it seems to be sealing now. I’m hoping too put more miles on it and eventually get it welded.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I drove it some more last weekend and it ran pretty well other than the occasional stumble coming to a stop. Iac seems decent at 5 to 8 % when hot. According to hollers message board they say to lower it to closer to2%. Has anyone had a similar issue? I have about 100 miles on it now and it’s starting decent. I pulled some plugs and they all look good.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I drove it some more last weekend and it ran pretty well other than the occasional stumble coming to a stop. Iac seems decent at 5 to 8 % when hot. According to hollers message board they say to lower it to closer to2%. Has anyone had a similar issue? I have about 100 miles on it now and it’s starting decent. I pulled some plugs and they all look good.
I haven't heard about the 2% thing. I think if it's below 10% it should be good (not zero though).

Have you logged it yet? If you can go back and watch what your car is doing when it stumbles (the dot moves around on your fuel table), just bump up the fuel amount in those particular spots.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Sorry I forgot to ask can the fuel table be edited with the handheld device?
No. You need to either get a CAN Bus cable and do it directly with a laptop (either while running or after the fact) or you download your config file to your SD card, take it to your PC and edit it with the Holley Sniper software, save it back to your SD card and reload the config file onto your ECU with your handheld.

·
Registered
436 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was able to make several data logs and nothing stands out. I also tried to clean up the wiring just to be safe. I have about 150 miles on it now and it seems to be running better. I changed the rpm aboveidle from 1000 to 700 and it seems to help. However today I was at a stoplight and it just started running rough and almost stalled. Not sure what’s next. I may raise the idle warm up ramp so it warms up quicker just too see if that helps.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I took the car out for quite awhile yesterday and it ran great. Then I made the mistake of pushing my luck, all of which I datalogged. It stalled in the driveway while backing up then ran fine. After 20 minutes I was at a stoplight and it went haywire, couldn’t decide what it wanted to do. Unless of course that was idle normal. Datalog proved it. I sent the file to the company I bought it from and they said it definitely had a problem but didn’t know where to start...... so we are going back forth on fuel pressure which is stable at 62. Any ideas.?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts