Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,342 Posts
I played club rep soccor as a teen...coached when when our children where younger...
40 and up age bracket. OMG...breathing has become optional
Blaming soccer? I would be looking more at my own fittness 1st...
And Im well over 50...
Thu I have to admit, last summer borrowed a surf board, hadnt been on one since mid '70s....yeah that took it out of me 1.5M swells coming in.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Its also dangerous to cats :eek:

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Boy, don't I know it...

Back when my son played, the coach thought it would be a good idea for the kids to play the parents one day at practice. My better judgement thought it was a bad idea right from the start... Anyway, the team 'cryboy' was coming at me with the ball, slipped and fell. In order for me to avoid falling on top of him and smashing him to a pulp in front of his parents, I made an unplanned sideways 'dive' over the top of him and landed elbow to ribs. It cracked a rib and knocked the wind out of me. I got back up and while I was gasping for air, the kid jumps up and passes the ball to a girl who later became knicknamed 'Danger Girl'. She sets up, shoots, and SCORES... my family jewels. Back down on the ground I go. It took quite a while for me to waddle off the field, alternating between groans and gasps for air. My ribs still hurt occasionally and I haven't set foot on a soccer field since.

Mark

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Self inflicted wounds are the most memorable..............and you are stronger for surviving this.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Try beach volleyball with 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 when you're 40 on up! It really just comes down to getting yourself into aerobic condition to do any type of constant motion for a length of time. I ride a mountain bike at least once a week to keep that going. I walked 15 holes of golf for the first time last week and with the cold I have it kicked my butt pretty good!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Remember when I said I was gonna die?? Well, my season ended last night with a sprained anke. Oops....I caught the heal of the girl I was trying to steal the ball from, and down I went, with a "pop" in the ankle. We'll have to see what happens. Going to work today, maybe ER tonight...

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Ah yes, the sprained ankle! I've sprained each ankle at least 15-20 times now. They are so stretched out that I can stand on the side of my foot 90 degrees from my leg. I still twist them at least once a year doing something stupid. But I can now bounce back within minutes and continue playing(usually volleyball). In the last 2 weeks I've played golf 4 times(walking and carrying my own bag), rode the mountain bike 4 times, mowed the lawn 3 times, put my dock in the river for the season(very heavy to move by myself). So being 40 shouldn't slow you down too much. Hopefully your ankle isn't too bad, but the pop sound is usually a pretty good tear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts