Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have found a 68 coupe # matching 327/2bbl/powerglide car. It runs and drive good, has some rust in the 1/4's but not bad, needs Driver side frt pan worked on. The seats are great, door panels are good and needs dash pad/carpet/headliner.
The guy wants $6500firm so I need some feedback please

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
although it sounds like mine might be in better shape (67) body wise and a little better interior wise (I don't need a dash pad or carpet). My front end has been rebuilt from bearing dust cap to dust cap and has disc brakes.

I would never sell mine that cheap, if I had to sell $8,000 would be the min or I would keep it, I have turned that down more times than I can think of. I once entertained an offer of $10,000 and still would not sell it.

In the area I live in first gens are very hard to find and when you do find one your getting something ruff or driving 500 miles one way to get it. Funny how many people tell me that around here (transplant to Arkansas 4 years ago)how much they raced these cars on the dirt tracks and used them all up. I have an old 67 Camaro dirt track racer a buddy I pulled from the woods. Pretty beat up but we are thinking of racin it.

Much of a cars value is what someone is willing to pay and in my case how hard they are to find in your area. Sound like a pretty fair deal to me, but look her over and make sure it not a rust bucket or has been wrecked or repaired/salvaged.

Joe

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the input, I think the cars probably worth it since it does drive and the rust isn't too major. I just wanted some input from people familiar
with camaro's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts