Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my starter everything work fine before changing. I noticed the wires were pretty brittle so I replaced them. one was purple and one was yellow about half way thru the loom the yellow was melted then it turned into just a a few bare wires then it just dissappered?? where did this wire connect? if it was the coil was it the + side. I have an msd ready to run dist. with a seperate 40,000 volt coil. do i need the yellow wire. I hooked it up with the purple to the s no yellow wire connected to anything and nothing when I turn the key it does sound like the is a clicking noise in the washer mounted to the wiper motor?? WTF Need some help thanks

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
The purple wire is the one that starts the car, it should be connected to the post on the solenoid closest to the block.

The yellow wire originally ran from the outer solenoid terminal to the + side of the coil.

With an MSD, you have no need for the yellow wire at all.

Also, the original white fabric colored resister wire form the firewall bulkhead connector to the + side of the coil should be bypassed with a regular full sized wire.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim you were right about the wires and it was wired correctley it just so happened the new rebuilt starter was bad so i replaced it with a new high torqe starter sounds good now. nicer quieter, smoother sound. thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts