Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
2,178 Posts
Don't bother with rubber.... poly or solid is the way to go.

·
Retired
26,616 Posts
Joe what are you looking for from your suspension?

My ragtop had brand new rubber bushing in the a-arms and most of the front suspension and motor mounts when I got the car so I left them. I replaced the body bushings, swaybar bushing and rear leaf spring bushings with urethane as I worked in those areas. I have owned the car since 1999 and put over 30,000 miles on the car and the rubber front suspension bushings are holding up well. The car handles very good and drives and rides very nice.

Back to what are you building? If your car is headed in the direction of a track car use solid bushings but if you plan on using it on the street mostly look into urethane bushings. If you are on a budget and have good rubber in place already don't feel obligated to replace it, put your money where it's needed the most. Rubber is softer than urethane and urethane might help your auto crossing times but rubber will hold up fine to spirited back roads jaunts from time to time. I would have gone with urethane had the front suspension needed new bushings but don't think it was a mistake not replacing the rubber at this point.

There are also many hardness' of uerthane so you can dial in for your specific use. Here's an FAQ page from Prothane,

http://www.prothane.com/faq.php?PHPSESSID=57497a34c49529a4e10b489050e13955

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
RUBBER for me!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts