Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 1993 Camaro a month or so ago, and needed to make some fixes to the glove compartment and console... I'm relatively new to working on cars and my little experience in that has been under he hood, so I had some questions...

I've already ordered a new latch for my glove compartment... It doesn't seem hard to put on, but I haven't heard anything about it... If anyone has swapped one out and could give me any details, tips, or an estimated time/difficulty it'd be much appreciated.

Also, the hinge on my console door is broken. I could probably just get a new lid for it, but I've noticed some mentions of an upgraded console for 4th gen Camaros but haven't been able to find pics or details... If someone knows anything about this, some pics, details, where to buy, time/difficulty, or whether its worth it or not would be great.

Thanks guys.

-Jake

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey buddy - I did some homework for you trying to find you some pics - you weren't kidding man, almost impossible to find - hope this will help somehow...
I'm also sharing with you what I use as a reference for all-camaro needs, and I found you a whole bunch of stuff you might need for the restoration since all the parts add up quick.
http://www.restorationperformance.com/servlet/Categories

Good luck!!:beers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey man.
I appreciate that a lot. Unfortunately, RPC only seems to have the earlier generations of Camaros... What did you mean by you found me a bunch of stuff I might need?

Thanks again.
:)

EDIT: Typo correction.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
the center console problem is so very common. I have never heard of any upgraded consoles before, but your best bet is to see if you can find someone parting out their car to get the hinge

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the very same problem in a '96 z28. The plastic pieces on the door and on the console itself are broken. Its very annoying and I really want to get a new console. Where did you order the glove box latch? mine is broken as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts