Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks good! Although, IMHO, I could do without the 20's. Are the fronts 18's?

·
Gold Lifetime Member
1,662 Posts
What size wheel/tire are running in the rear (you said they were 20's). Might have some rubbing issues with the quarter. Have you rolled the lip?

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Love the look of the 67 but I really don't think the 20's do it justice. I think it would look better with a little less wheel and little more tire. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy with 15 inch wheels on his 67 though....

·
Registered
926 Posts
ED please dont takke offence at this but i agree with Joe . I love the car but the wheels got to go .Those cars are old school and should have the kind of tires and wheels that fit the period . I have said this time and again check my posts on this subject .Alex:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What size wheel/tire are running in the rear (you said they were 20's). Might have some rubbing issues with the quarter. Have you rolled the lip?
255/35/20 in the rear . I should of went with 275's in the rear
Love the look of the 67 but I really don't think the 20's do it justice. I think it would look better with a little less wheel and little more tire. Keep in mind this is coming from a guy with 15 inch wheels on his 67 though....
. Thanks .I appreciate the feedback .. I do agree I wish it had more tire in the rear

[/QUOTE]

ED please dont takke offence at this but i agree with Joe . I love the car but the wheels got to go .Those cars are old school and should have the kind of tires and wheels that fit the period . I have said this time and again check my posts on this subject .Alex:D
Thanks Alex for the feed back . You sound like my brother . I have it stored at his house and keeps telling to get my "pimp my ride " camaro out of here .. Ha ha ha .. I love the pro touring look .. I'm keep them on for a bit to see if they grow on me.. If not I can always swap them out

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Ed, I will be one of the minority and say the wheel combo looks tuff, and overall awesome car. You want the pro touring look, you have got it there :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
I don't mind the 20's in the rear, but think they go better with 19's up front.

Or if you have 18's up front, then 19's in the rear. The 2" difference is a bit too much in my opinion, but it's a good looking car either way.

If it were me, I'd keep the current setup if you like the wheel style (which I do), and only change sizes if you were also going to change to a different style wheel.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Ed,

18" all around will give the car a better stance... I was going to go the staggered look (like you)... It took alot of convincing on the part of my builder to go the 18"-only route, but I think it worked out perfectly

here's a vid of the car driving around... gives you an idea of what it looks like on the 18's

·
Registered
926 Posts
ED i like your brother already and i don't even know the man i just know he is old school. Next time you see him tell him i will buy him a beer any time and you also but i still don't like the wheels .:D:beers: LOVE THE CAR ALEX

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ed, I will be one of the minority and say the wheel combo looks tuff, and overall awesome car. You want the pro touring look, you have got it there :thumbsup:
Thanks bud
Ed,

18" all around will give the car a better stance... I was going to go the staggered look (like you)... It took alot of convincing on the part of my builder to go the 18"-only route, but I think it worked out perfectly
First off, Love the car!!! its a beauty. If i do get another set of wheels. i will consider it. 18's look good

ED i like your brother already and i don't even know the man i just know he is old school. Next time you see him tell him i will buy him a beer any time and you also but i still don't like the wheels .:D:beers: LOVE THE CAR ALEX
Yeah he's old school. He likes to keep simple and fast . Im in my 20s and i just love the pro touring look

I don't mind the 20's in the rear, but think they go better with 19's up front.

Or if you have 18's up front, then 19's in the rear. The 2" difference is a bit too much in my opinion, but it's a good looking car either way.

If it were me, I'd keep the current setup if you like the wheel style (which I do), and only change sizes if you were also going to change to a different style wheel.
Thanks You

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I like it, maybe an inch lower in the front for absolute perfection.

The first time I've seen RS tail and standard front grill on the same car, it's usually the other way around. Car looks awesome.

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Not being a smart ***. But What look is that?
Does not have it's own thread called a "build" and does not have 75K+ into it....;)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not being a smart ***. But What look is that?
I understand your question and I'm not trying to be a d**k either, but some people think just because they put a bigger set of wheels on their cars, then that automatically make them pro-touring. While there is no real definition for pro-touring, it doesn't mean you have to dump a ton of money into the car, as the previous poster stated.

Pro-touring cars are meant for driving in a similiar comfort of a new car. That almost always means upgraded interiors with all the creature comforts including A/C and all the good stuff.

Most importantly though and what really makes them, is suspension and braking components. That is the biggest part of the whole thing. Don't know if the OP's car has the upgraded suspension (which would be a nice start), but stock disc/drum brakes definitely are not pro-touring. I also wouldn't think a pro-touring car would have traction bars either? That is a drag racing car type of thing

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm seeing that he said it had the pro-touring look, not that it was a full on pro-touring car. Don't know what it matters. Nice car no matter what. Really would like to get myself a 1st gen someday. Love my 81 though. Need more garage space. Means build a new garage cause I'm not letting go of anything yet. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Just watched the video below for the first time.....gotta love the last words spoken...."hell ya!!"

That was priceless :thumbsup:

Ed,

here's a vid of the car driving around... gives you an idea of what it looks like on the 18's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUTYw8dD9x8

1 - 20 of 37 Posts