Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Maybe it will, the auction has just started hasn't it?? That approved bidder's list is kinda strange, wonder what that's all about? Must be some option on eBay where you have to be "preapproved" by the seller, before bidding? Keeps away the riff-raff, don't you know? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I never seen any bids before, I thought i seen it when it was listed in the first half hour with zero bids.I mailed the seller for some info..still waiting. My boss is seriously interested in this one,I was hesitating because I thought there was something wrong with it because its kind of cheap to me??
We just cant find anything like that around here with this kind of price.Anyone know what its worth if its a true 396 big block SS ? Looks to be a recent resto.

·
3,176 Posts
I know it would go for way more than what hes is asking for the buy it now price. ?? though never seen a exhaust in 68 with the "H" cross over. Also was was added after it sold new the rear spoiler or the antenna??? Could not get them both. Spoiler would put the antenna up front. Still one very nice looking car and who knows it might just end up in Hawaii

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I missed it. The auction has been taken down :(

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
I have seen auctions like that before. Most likely it was a hijacked user ID and the seller probably didn't even have the car. I saw one a little while ago for a smoking deal on a enclosed trailer. Seller I.D. was out of England and trailer had AZ plates and the background scenery was desert. Also had an auction going for 2 Sea Doos for dirt cheap. They both had PA registrations on their hulls. Both auctions were 1 day auctions with pre-approved bidders only. Also the sellers ID only had female clothing as previous sales. Ebay closed the auctions down quickly. Obvious scams.

·
3,176 Posts
Hey guys the seller is suspended from E-bay for unknown reasons. The below is a reply that one of the Yenko.net folks got back on the car. Looks like the nigerian $$ scam but in reverse;
IT went from being listed as a 68 SS Camaro to a 68 Pontiac GTO but with all the same Camaro info and pics under it. THis auction is also ended!!??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=7244&item=2455930824

--------------------
General Discussion >> Chevy Supercar & Musclecar Discussion Previous Index Next Flat

SamLBInj
enthusiast

Reged: 11/21/03
Loc: Long Beach Island, N.J. Super Deal...
01/23/04 11:21 AM (64.12.96.46) Edit Reply Quote

All original 68 camaro, 396/350hp...Free airline shipping..whole deal is a little over 10 grand...Check this out..Rome is a long way from Holland...anyone know this guy? His Ebay name is Tjsm2230
Looks like he has been trying to set this up for a while..
Heres the E-Mail...
"Thank you for your interest in purchasing my car. First of all I must inform you that currently I'm in Holand, Amsterdamand I have to let you know that the car is here with me and it is in a perfect condition. I am the first owner of the car, I bought it directly from an authorized dealer. The car it has a clear title which you will receive it with the car. It can be registered into your name, so stay cool about this.
The car is in mint condition,it has never been damaged.The engine run's very well,and the trans. it run's smooth.Nice car.
I have to tell you that I have other serious offers that I have to consider and I will make a decision regarding this sale function of time of payment and price. The price I hope to obtain is USD 10800(this price includes the shipping and insurance) and if you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction. The payment must be done using
a money order service. I prefer money order because in this way I will ship the car in the same day you make the payment.
I know that the best deals are closed when the risk involved is minimum. You will arrange payment through Western Union (www.WesternUnion.com). In case you want to ship you the car right now you have to make me a confirmation for 25% of the amount of money (USD 2689) and after you receive and inspect the car you have to send me the rest of the money. The inspection period for it is 15 days. I have something safe for you because I want you to be sure that you will receive the car and I hope we will collaborate in future too.

Look what I can do for you:
- you will make the transfer to my location but not to my name(you will use your best friends name for example as receiver's name)so you can be sure that I will not pick up the money until you get the car; so you make a deposit at Western Union and you will give me the transfer's details (SENDER'S NAME AND ADDRESS, RECEIVER'S NAME, MTCN) so I can check that the deposit was made. After I verify it I will send you the car immediately.
- only after you will receive the car and check it if it OK you will have to change the receiver's name of the transfer to my name so I can collect my money. So until you will have the car in your hands the money will be deposited on your best friend's name at Western Union Agency. I think it is better to not inform Western Union that you
will change the receivers name in a few days because it is possible they ask you to pay the fees twice (fees that are quite big for such an amount),also when you go to an Western Union office to make the transfer,please don't tell there the reason for you send the money because here in this country I must pay some additional taxes when I receive the funds.
Please say you send the money to your friends or to your partner.
My old buyers of course make the transfer at Western Union direct to my name which is easier and I will be happy if you can trust in me but because it is our first deal I proposed you this very safe and efficient method so you can only deposit the money first and after you get the car to allowed me to cash it. Also, I can accept USD 1000 through from
the amount prior and in this case I will take you as a serious and possible buyer (this way I will loose all the nonpaying bidders that I occur everyday) and arrange a further deal but in this case you have to come in person to the car´s location to see the car and take it back with you or you can send a friend or agent that lives near by to inspect the car and pay the rest of the money.
If you are agree with this method you can transfer the 1000$ from your
home:
https://netsage.finali.com/netsage?customer=wu&iid=wu-mt&content=https%3A%2F%2Fwumt.westernunion.com%2Fasp%2FmtReceiver.asp
Or you can transfer the payment using your credit card via phone calling 1-800-CALL-CASH service of Western Union that is a free of charge phone number and is available 24 hours a day. After you've completed the transfer you will receive a confirmation that will allow me to track the transfer.Here are the details that I need:
- sender's name and address;
- receiver's name will be me;
- exact amount wired;
- MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) (10 digits)
- if it is possible a scanned copy of the receipt format .JPEG
for me
to add to the files.
As soon as the payment will be confirmed and the money properly sent,I will IMMEDIATELY proceed with shipping if you sent me the 25%of the amount or I will hold the car for you if you've deposited only 1999$.In case you've payed the 25% of money I will ship the car via Lufthansa Airplane Cargo insured and it will take 72 hours until
you will have it at your door. The shipping is free. The 25% of payment are fully refundable if for any reason you do not accept the car or if the car has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as advertised. I will even pay for the shipping back to my location if you reject the car but since it is a state of the art and works and looks
perfectly I think it would get to this.
Here is my name and address you need for the Western Union
transfer:
My details:
First name: John
Last name: Emond
Address:15 Principe Amedeo.
City :Rome
post code:00185
If you agree with these terms, let me know and I will be more than
glad to start to complete the transaction with you. Thank you and I hope that you will have the pleasure to drive this car.
Thank you and kindly regards!

-------------DjD can you stick this to the top for a few days, it wont let me do it

Mahalo

[ 01-23-2004, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: HawaiianCamaro ]

·
3,176 Posts
Lets just say if it was a real car for sale at that price it would be on its way to Hawaii by now. This guy is also listing other cars with the same deal. He has listed all makes and model with the Camaro and a 57 Chevy being the latest ones

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
I had to restrain myself very hard to keep from deleting this thread minutes after it was posted... I had already cautiously e-mailed about getting on the approved list... I think reality of it being too good to be true kept me from the delete key!! ;)

never did get a reply!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I had to restrain myself very hard to keep from deleting this thread minutes after it was posted... I had already cautiously e-mailed about getting on the approved list... I think reality of it being too good to be true kept me from the delete key!!

Dennis im not trying to start anything here but am I misunderstanding you ? Why would you delete this thread? I thought my post was pretty legit, I just didnt think his auction was real and I dont want to get ripped off as much as the next guy doesnt want to,so I asked for some help,and Opinions, after all ebay camaros are put under the microscope and disected, recorded,laughed about here by everyone all the time..

·
Retired
26,947 Posts
Originally posted by late68:
Dennis im not trying to start anything here but am I misunderstanding you ? Why would you delete this thread? I thought my post was pretty legit, I just didnt think his auction was real and I dont want to get ripped off as much as the next guy doesnt want to,so I asked for some help,and Opinions, after all ebay camaros are put under the microscope and disected, recorded,laughed about here by everyone all the time..
It was a joke kind of! I saw the auction, sent an e-mail to become a bidder and then saw this post. Getting rid of this thread would have given me an edge over many if the auction was real by keeping the secret a bit longer. :D I have no problem with the message posted, since I saw the auction early I was playing off what Jeff said about his buying the car...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts