Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I look at my '69 Camaro from the front, the grille is at a slightly different angle than the windshield. I noticed when I installed aluminum body bushings that the subframe is much closer to the floor at the bottom of the firewall on one side. I can only fit one finger between the frame and body on one side, and two fingers on the other. Also the front frame horns are at different heights by less than an inch. Is this normal assembly tolerance or am I looking at trouble? I know the car has been hit in the front, but I don't know how hard. Has anyone had success straightening a subframe at home?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I have to think this is messing up my front end alignment and a whole bunch of other things too. Anyway I think you are correct in comparing the subframe to the foundation of a house and I will look into replacement when this car comes apart for resto.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.