Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone
i am sort of new here lol. i joined quite a while ago and have been lurking around and thought i may as well introduce myself. i own a 71 nova i fully restored, and am about to start on a 69 camaro that i picked up in las vegas. i also own a 68 rs ss big block car that i bought off of here (that will be a future project). i hope to start on the 69 this winter which is why i haven't posted yet.
if you meet me in person, i am quite the talker, but when it comes to posting on forums, i seem to not know what to say lol. so please bear with me if i don't post often.
i hope to get to know all of you :beers:
shawn

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey shawn, welcome, do you have pictures of your 69?
thanks for the welcome vic sorry i don't have any pics of the 69 yet :eek: it made me think i haven't taken one picture of it yet. it is buried a bit right now in the garage. i hope to get it outside before the snow flies and take some of it. i bought it a little over a year ago, and have just been collecting parts for it. i am in the middle of a basement reno that is taking longer than expected (don't they all lol) so hopefully i can start on the car late winter or early spring.:)
thank again and i am sure i'll be asking some questions on these cars. :beers:

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome to the TC Crew, Shaun. May see ya at the London event (Fleetwood) in the spring @ Steve's place, eh?

capt

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!!! i am sure i'll have lots of questions to ask. i know novas inside and out, but am on the learning route with the camaros.
i did have a 67 rs/ss convert back in the nineties and sold it (big mistake) i think i could triple what i sold it for now. it was a complete car when i bought it and never had it apart. the novas are pretty much the same underneath, but there are way more options on the camaros and learning what is right and what is wrong

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to the TC Crew, Shaun. May see ya at the London event (Fleetwood) in the spring @ Steve's place, eh?

capt
thanks for the welcome!!. you know a funny thing is 2 years ago a friend asked me to go to fleetwood with him. he lives about three hours from me so i would meet him there. i passed as i thought it would be a small show not worth the two hour drive(i had never heard of it) and the i found out how big of an event it really is!! doh:eek: this year i wanted to go but had the dates wrong and planned my vacation trip to tennesse at the same time (another doh:eek:)lol
but next year i will be there for sure!!! i would like to take the nova but with 4spd and 411 gears it will kill me in fuel. i plan to change the gears to
373 this winter if everything goes ok.

:beers:

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
You got it re. the "Fleetwood" event. :thumbsup: Last year 4k+ for numbers, the entertainment is first class, great flea market, lots of giveaways, celebs in tow, and cars you won't see in a while. They bring in a beer truck, 40's vintage, worth a cool 1.3 mil. Steve's Caddy collection is awesome as well. If the weather cop-ops...lots of eye candy!

And per your comment on "right or wrong" options? There ain't none... just whatever YOU want to end up with, eh?

Waitin' for the white stuff to happen!

capt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts