Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 81 berlineta, when i bought the car it ran and when i drove it, it was a smooth ride.. the engine died, so i bout a 350 from a friend of mine, the ****er ripps ***,

any ways, The fly wheel sounds like its rattling but the torque convertor bolts are all tight, and it looks like its bent or somethin when u look at it, could it be the six bolts that hold it to the crank???

Also when u put it into gear it all goes away, but when u get up to speed it starts to vibrate like crazy next to your feet where the tranny humps up, and it sounds like a ****in turbine, like a lound *** humming with vibration...

Please help me out here..

my heaer melted one of my wires last night and now my tach is all funny, help me witht that if you can...:sad:

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
the flywheel is probably cracked. the melted wire(s) just cut them a splice them. its easy enuff to do.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What if the motor was balanced? Than it sat for a very long time, the driver side valve cover was smashed in the front and the oil filter was crinkled up.. Would that be enough to **** the fly wheel up???

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
Sounds like it was dropped. Ive seen flywheels crack for no apparent reason.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts