Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing this on a 5th gen, but it's a general question.
Anyone know of a source to make some custom (hi temp) decals? (I plan to put these under clear powder coating on some Brembo 6-piston calipers).

I know there are a number of vendors selling "Brembo"like decals, etc. on Ebay, but I'm looking to do a logo with multi colors. It's just text and some 'slash-marks'. (ie. "GOLD_TEXT" /// "SILVER_TEXT" , where the slashes would be Red-White-Blue in color).

I've found places to do this, however they require a very large minimum quantity, where I'm just doing a few sets.

Thanks in advance for any information,

Kevin

·
Registered
209 Posts
I see two problems with your plan. 1. Placing vinyl decals under clear coat will not last long. It will end up popping the clear off. 2. Unless this is going to be a track day car you do not need high temp decals. The calipers never get hot enough to matter in normal driving. All that said, there are a number of vendors on ebay selling caliper decals some of them will make custom orders.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I see two problems with your plan. 1. Placing vinyl decals under clear coat will not last long. It will end up popping the clear off. 2. Unless this is going to be a track day car you do not need high temp decals. The calipers never get hot enough to matter in normal driving. All that said, there are a number of vendors on ebay selling caliper decals some of them will make custom orders.
Vinyl decals under clear will not pop the clear off. We use them all the time at work and clear over them on airplanes and no problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts