Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of 4 1/2 back space rims for the front of my 68 camaro. The rims rub on the tie rod rubber on one side. So I put 3/16 spacer on the front to move them out a bit. The problem is now when I get over 70 mph they vibrate. So the questions are;

1. Can I get the wheel and the spacers balanced ?

2. Is there any other way to get a litte more clearance I only need an 1/8 on inch on one side ?

3. I have heard that if you put front disc brakes on they move the wheels out. Will this give me more clearance ( I was going to go to front discs anyway) ?

·
Premium Member
8,048 Posts
I've never heard of a spacer being out of balance or requiring balancing. Maybe it's not centered? Regardless it shouldn't affect the balance of the tire because you're only talking about 2.5" out from the center of rotation.

As to the other stuff: A spacer is the way to go temporarily in your case. Disc brakes will bring out the wheel a bit so you'll clear when you do it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I will need to check the spacer and see if they are on right, I have another set of wheels to try as well to see if it is the front or back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts