Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock seats and want to add Sparco 3 point harness ??
I love the look of the Sparco 3 pt harness in red. I don't have a roll cafe or even race seats.. Just stock ones on my '69 camaro
Has anyone installed this harness before ? I've been reading they are not safe in the road. Any collision will collapse the spin and are intended for auto cross like events(low collision risks)
I think they look really neat installed and heard mixed reviews? Any pro touring guys wanna bite?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
If you don't have a cage, what did you plan on mounting the rear mount to?

Those harnesses are for race-only- they probably aren't DOT approved, so if you use them on the road and end up in accident, you're going to have issues with your insurance. Imagine if your passenger was injured/killed in an accident, and it turned out that you didn't have the proper seat belts in your car- you'd lose everything you ever owned and then some.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I just saw them in a badass custom camaro pro built on the Internet. I realize now they were installed wrong and not street approved. Schroth brand is the only DOT approved 3 and 4 pt harness made. Use for street and race. On stock non approved camaro seats I would need the 4 pt set up. Using existing mounts. Two in front for each seat and two in rear seat belt mounts in back

1 - 3 of 3 Posts