Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

16,985 Posts
Yes. I use the Taylor Cable wires with Ceramic boots

· Registered
214 Posts
We had a recent discussion on another forum lately about this. Seems Moroso is still pulling wires in CT. There other small manufactures that cater mainly to race cars, but you have to search them out.

· Registered
1,136 Posts
I'll stifle myself on this subject for now.
Like i said before Nothing is like the old days .Even the Good stuff isnot so good anymore its four times the price and a quarter as good as at one time. i can understand the price gouging its not right but at the present time it is what it is . The quality however for the price should be Better than it ever was . At least give the customer their money,s worth but you dont even get that . i hate to say it but we goin down the wrong here until things change we is lost in the woods .. Say what you want but prior to the Pandemic most were working regular was $1.95 a gallonand none of this supply chain Balogna and its only getting worse . Alex

· Premium Member
2,260 Posts
I also use the ceramic boots and I love them. My wires are also Taylor.
Brett 🚀 🚀 🚀

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Engineering Gas

Reactions: Just 1 More

· Registered
2,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like i said before Nothing is like the old days .Even the Good stuff is not so good anymore it's four times the price and a quarter as good as at one time. i can understand the price gouging its not right but at the present time it is what it is . The quality however for the price should be Better than it ever was . At least give the customer their money,s worth but you don't even get that . i hate to say it but we goin down the wrong here until things change we is lost in the woods .. Say what you want but prior to the Pandemic most were working regular was $1.95 a gallon and none of this supply chain Bologna and its only getting worse . Alex
What's the alternative solution to getting a set of ceramic boot plug wires? I need a set, what am I to do?

· Registered
1969 Camaro SS350
568 Posts
I used Accell ceramic boot wires, and they solved issue that I was having with old wires and boots getting hot and brittle from being too close to headers. Not saying there the best or that there not made in China. Just what I'm using at this time, and they work fine. I'm happy with them.

· Registered
4,469 Posts
Same with my small block with hooker headers, shorty plugs and still had a few very close, that's why went ceramic boot wires. Work great now.
yeah if #5 does start to show signs that boot is getting compromised, I will put a ceramic boot on that wire. I have one. Ceramic boots are thicker than rubber so it may come close if not touch the header if I do put it on. So far it appears to be OK 🤞

1 - 20 of 23 Posts