Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 383 with angle heads. the headers are 2in hookers. I put accel shorty plugs in but still have a clearence problem on two cylinders. I can't get the boot on without removing the header. Not only that, but the boots have a very solid tight contact with the header. ANY ONE HAD THIS PROBLEM? I don't want to crank it and melt the boots.

·
Registered
17 Posts
buy accell 9000 wqire s they have a cotting on them that protects the boot
i did this and drove the car for 4 years before it was wrecked

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome ,I ran the hooker 2in with adaptor plates on G M 2nd design alum. angle plug heads was tight had to change #6 and 7 from under the car and the rest from the front,reaching between the header and block ...I to think you have the wrong header for the heads,I feel for you, Take your time and do your homework before you buy$$$ anything ,oop's can hurt the pocket book,been there ,Happy Motoring and Merry Chrictmas

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I checked the part number twice. It is correct. I just don't understand. It is very frustrating to build this car and that is all i lack to drive it.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Koonce.Take it from an old guy that has done many cars and has owned his camaro 30 yrs. TAKE YOUR TIME ,even at my age it still gets frustrating ,walk away for a while..I did a 68 corvette back in 1990 a total resto in 8 months can you imagine how many times I got frustrated ,I had to walk away many times .I worked on it an average of 4 hrs. a nite ( no kids) remember this it suppost to be fun .Are you sure there the correct headers for the brand of angle plug heads...I feel for you ...big tube 2in are they adaptor plate type thats big for the street even if you got lots of horsepower ,My hooker's I ran drag racing were 2 in. with adaptor plates adjustable length ...I know you don't want to here this but you may need a different header ...Good luck and Happy Motoring ,Merry Christmas,if they are new return them if not may half to take the loss...resell them ...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah your right. I will have to replace them. I have been working on my car every day until 10 at night. (no kids) I am almost finished. It is turning out very nice. I will try and post a picture.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Good for you bud,happy for ya ,yes an please post pictures ,Iam intrested to see your Friend (camaro) ,Good luck and again take your time,Happy Motoring and Merry Christmas

1 - 12 of 12 Posts