Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
How much boost are you running? I've tried quite a few Autolite Race Plugs but haven't settled on which is the best yet.

·
Registered
741 Posts
This is a real good question, I hope to hear from Jody and/or maybe Royce on this one.

On my first trip to the dyno shop I has told to use a fairly cold plug, gapped at .026 to .028, Champion racing C57YC (stock#791) was recommended. Been using them ever since, never had a problem and my local Napa stocks them. Mine makes max 16.5 lbs of boost at 6800rpm.
---Bill

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,548 Posts
depends on the head and plug reach, but we had great results from 3924 Autolite for the small blocks with aluminum heads up to 15 psi or so. The LS guys like the TR6's although I ran 7's, both TR7 and BR7e's in mine.

Generally I start with a couple heat ranges colder for a low to mid boost street deal, and gap them in the .030-.032" range.

Jody

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,548 Posts
I'm running 8 psi now with thoughts of 10-12 psi in the future. I have some factory oval port 049 heads with some 2.19/1.88 valves.
a couple steps colder than stock is a good starting point, along with a few thousandths tighter gap. Plug reading will tell you where to go from there, but generally the above work pretty well.

Jody

1 - 6 of 6 Posts