Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello

I have a 79 350 , rebuilt in my corvair . I want to use Delco sparks plugs. R44T and R44 TS or ST , can't remember.
I see the differance in the two plugs but what is the performance differance and which should I use in my small block.

It is a stock rebulid , Qjet carb , new HEI distributor, stock coil. MSD wires.

Sorry that should say R45T or R45TS , also is there a hotter plug than these.

thanks

Al

·
Registered
614 Posts
Use an R45TS (AC Delco #). The 'S' means 'extended tip' which puts the spark out in the chamber more than the standard tip. The tip is also cooled more by the incoming fuel charge.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
You have a "MINDBINDER" Corvair - WOW!!!

Did you reverse the Trans-Axle ... etc. It would be interesting to hear your story ;o)

I fabricated a Dune Buggy with a 2" Tube Frame using a Corvair Rear Suspension Unit mounted to a Volvo B20 with Dual SU's and ran the meanest Treads - Really - Nothing could touch it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

It is a blast to say the least , the car is built using a Crown Mfg mid engine conversion kit. the trans axle sits in the stock location and the small block is mounted to the back of the transmission. the corvair motor turns oppisite rotation to the small block so this way it turns the driveline the correct way , no reverse cams just plug and play more or less.
The kit came with a sub frame , shift linkage ,adapter plates , cooling system pipes, special input shafts and more. also a instuction manual
here are a few photos :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts