Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any easy way to the the plugs out of a 350 Iroc?..Whoever designed that part of the car had to been a moron...

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
I'm assuming you mean the back 2 plugs, the last one on each side. I had the same problem with my 82' Z28. When I did finally get them out, they were a different brand then the front 6, so the previous owner had the same problem, and decided the hell with it, I'll just leave them in there. There's really no easy way, small hands work alot better, I know that for a fact. I ended up letting a friend of mine do it, and although it took quite some time, he managed to get them out. We jacked the car up and got them out from the bottom. You're right, they are definitely a pain.....KZ

·
Registered
176 Posts
I remember the first time that I tuned up a 84 Z, after I got my arms down beside the engine and removed the plugs, I had someone drop the new plugs into my hand so I could install them while I was already down there. If you are by yourself, it could be a long day. Good luck and don't give up.

------------------
Leo Paugh
MCC #017
www.clark.net/pub/chevelle/mcc.htm
the bitterness of poor quality remains, long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have to put plugs in the back cylinders from underneath the car and use a wratchet wrench to tighten them.

------------------
Mark
1992 Firebird 355/Six Speed
1991 RS 350 / 700-R4
1987 Toyota Pickup 383 / 500 + HP 10.963 @ 119.95 Slicks / 11.997 @ 114.23 Radials

·
Registered
31 Posts
seems like I remember someone saying if you jack the car and let the front wheels hang you can go through the wheelwell.......or was that the 2nd gen's

------------------
"Laissez Le Bon Temp Rouler' Cha!"

"Jungle" Jim
Team Chevelle
70SS396 & 70 Malibu
"I don't drive FAST, I just FLY low!"

[This message has been edited by JungleJim (edited 09-12-2000).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts