Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Camaro RS, 350, 4 Speed
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this will open up a can of worms but here goes. What Spark Plugs should I use in my 1967 350 Engine?

AC Delco has three main types and then you have NGK, Bosh, Accel....

Are the new Platinum and Iridium metals safe on old engines?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Assuming stock 350, the factory probably recommended AC 44 or AC45. I run the resistor plug extended electrode AC R45S. I have also ran NGK, Champion, etc. with no big advantage on any. The copper and platinum work well.

You might drive differently than I do, so the heat range and brand of plug may be different to fit your needs. The MSD ignition on my car makes the plugs last longer than a point distributor as far as carboning up.

The door is now open, leave the ball bats at home guys and girls.

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
Only plug I could get to last was the Splitfire. Still in there. Everything else was one drive and gone. Never tried NGK though.

·
Registered
757 Posts
NGK XR5 but double check the number. Conventional split electrode. Never had much luck with fancy new style plugs in older engines. Just my experience. There will be many conflicting suggestions I’m sure.

·
20,152 Posts
Good ol' ACDelco 44's or 45's as said above worked good for me until the head swap when I went to AR132's ? which is a short ground strap and short racing plug for a little giggle gas 😁

1 - 6 of 6 Posts