Team Camaro Tech banner

speaker installation in 68 camaro convertible

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  zuma 
#1 ·
I need to know where to install back speakers in a 68 camaro convertible. If someone could let me know. We took out the back seat and seen a line of holes across the back and some bigger holes. Not sure where to install the speakers. Someone thought maybe we could install them under the well liner, but we were afraid the top would hit them when it was let down.

Thanks

#2 ·
Anywhere in the back of a convertible is going to be highly muffled. There is a space between the rear seat where the pump for a powered top car sits that might provide enough room to mount some speakers. Like I said though, they will be highly muffled by the back seat, top, and even wind noise.

I just have a set of speakers in the kick panels and up in the middle of the dash. The dash speakers are the front channel and the kick speakers are the rear. Not the loudest thing in the world, but who needs loud tunes when you have a first gen Camaro?

------------------
Donald
68 Camaro convertible (L30/M20, L48, or neither?)

[This message has been edited by MytMini (edited 12-31-2002).]

#3 ·
Greeneyes, welcome to the best camaro site on the net, lots of nice people here wanting to help. Donald's correct there are some good aftermarket dual speakers that will fit in your orginal dash spot, that sound pretty good (Kenwood makes some I believe). They wont crank or thump like 12 inchers but for these old ears they sound pretty good to me. Hope this helps...Mike

[This message has been edited by zuma1211 (edited 12-31-2002).]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.