Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my kick panels off on my 1969 camaro. I am needing to run the speaker wires from the dash to the rear deck and want to run them thru the sides/rocker panel area to the trunk area. What type of wires should I use, or just speaker wire. Thanks, Jerod

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
speaker wire rated for the amplifier output you are using to drive those speakers.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rear speaker wire routing

I am going to run 18 ga speaker wire to my trunk for the rear deck 6x9 speakers. Once I get back by the rear seat, how should the wires be ran. Thanks, Jerod

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Re: Rear speaker wire routing

I would route them up on the front side of the rear seat metal and then close to where the speakers are, run the wires straight back to the speakers. You just want to hide them the best you can and have them to where nothing can easily snag the wires.
Sometimes I add the small convoluted tubing over the exposed section of wires to give it a more finished look and add a wire tie or two to hold the tubing up high. I've actually wire tied through the speaker frame to hold the wire up and out of the way.

Jim

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks moderator, makes it easier. I will route the wires that way. Thanks for the input. Thanks, Jerod

1 - 8 of 8 Posts