Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a good one....
My front bucket seats and buns are in good enough shape to not worry about replacing them. Nothing broken or damaged beyond repair. I think I may 'improve' them a bit with a thin layer (.25") of foam or something though.

Since I'm going to be keeping the seat buns, I want to try and 'restore' their new smell if I can. I beat on them with a sledge hammer for a while but they're holding on tight to 35 years of 'gas attacks'.
I could soak them in Febreeze (for automotive use) I suppose.

Anything y'all can suggest for treating foam rubber products that really worked well for you?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I took off my side kick panels and found them full with leaves, dirt and hundreds of ants. This might be your SS (source of stink)

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
lol, joe.... I think it just gets trapped forever in all those lil holes...

s'pose maybe turn em upside down and soak em with ozium? You remember that stuff? cleared the smell of "smoke" outa our cars when we were much younger....

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Ever watch Antiques Road Show? Aggressive cleaning removes the "patina" and grossly reduces the value. Just live with it.
Besides, it's just the driver's side seat, as "girls don't [email protected]!!"

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
The best deodorizer is 1 pint peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 teaspoon of liquid dish detergent. This will neutralize any oder, not just cover it up. I mean anything - skunk, cat pee, etc. How do I know this! Mix it and wet the area down. Discard any leftover. I use a spray bottle.

·
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gary, you're right! I didn't think of that. I might seriously degrade the seat buns value by removing their "fartina"!
;)

Rick, that sounds easy enough to put together.
I suppose I could soak the buns with this witches brew, rinse them out and then let them drip-dry for a few days. With my luck, they'll disintegrate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts