Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
15,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a good one....
My front bucket seats and buns are in good enough shape to not worry about replacing them. Nothing broken or damaged beyond repair. I think I may 'improve' them a bit with a thin layer (.25") of foam or something though.

Since I'm going to be keeping the seat buns, I want to try and 'restore' their new smell if I can. I beat on them with a sledge hammer for a while but they're holding on tight to 35 years of 'gas attacks'.
I could soak them in Febreeze (for automotive use) I suppose.

Anything y'all can suggest for treating foam rubber products that really worked well for you?

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
The best deodorizer is 1 pint peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 teaspoon of liquid dish detergent. This will neutralize any oder, not just cover it up. I mean anything - skunk, cat pee, etc. How do I know this! Mix it and wet the area down. Discard any leftover. I use a spray bottle.

·
15,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gary, you're right! I didn't think of that. I might seriously degrade the seat buns value by removing their "fartina"!
;)

Rick, that sounds easy enough to put together.
I suppose I could soak the buns with this witches brew, rinse them out and then let them drip-dry for a few days. With my luck, they'll disintegrate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.