Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and didn't find many threads on Speed Tech front or rear suspension. Anyone using the rear coil over torque arm conversion?

Going through my '67 build, mostly street driven, and considering coil overs for ride, height adjustment and handling. Any comments or first hand experience with Speed Tech? Its also important to have a complete over the axle out the back dual exhaust - their design seems to allow that.

·
Premium Member
2,349 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
I believe Brent (67Rally) has the speed tech arms in the front. I'm sure he'll chime in when he sees this thread.
Yeah, sorry I saw this thread and didn't feel like I had much to contribute other than saying "I have their UCA's and LCA's".

Very nice pieces. I picked them for their reputation, price, and the adjustable steering stop built into the LCA's. I'm running Hotchkis Springs and Bilstein shocks, so can't help you there. I will say that I almost went with the coilovers and Blake from SpeedTech was very responsive to PM's and willing to answer any Q's.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really nice work on your '67 :thumbsup:
I have Hotchkis springs on my '69 - no complaints.
your rear leafs are the 1.5" drop correct? My concern with rear leafs is 1.5" - 3" Hotchkis, 2"-3" DSE - every car seems to sit a little different. Seems like Coil-overs eliminate the guess work.

·
Premium Member
4,806 Posts
Really nice work on your '67 :thumbsup:
I have Hotchkis springs on my '69 - no complaints.
your rear leafs are the 1.5" drop correct? My concern with rear leafs is 1.5" - 3" Hotchkis, 2"-3" DSE - every car seems to sit a little different. Seems like Coil-overs eliminate the guess work.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the 1.5" drop right now, but only have a handful of miles on them, so I'm hoping it will still come down a little. I feel like I need another inch of drop. I may have to use some lowering blocks to get the right height. Coilovers would eliminate the guess work, but I had already purchased the leafs and didn't want to get into a 4 link setup just yet. I think the 3" Hotchkis would have been just about perfect, but we'll see where I end up after a few hundred miles.

If you have any Speed Tech questions, PM Blake Foster (killer69) over on pro-touring.com and he'll steer you in the right direction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts