Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Kevin, I saw the section in my assembly manual, but there isn't much info there. I was trying to find out what initiates the signal to the speedometer. I know this was a rare option and I was trying to get it to work. I was able to find a buzzer from Rick's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kevin, I saw the section in my assembly manual, but there isn't much info there. I was trying to find out what initiates the signal to the speedometer. I know this was a rare option and I was trying to get it to work. I was able to find a buzzer from Rick's.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I have one in my 68. I bought it used and put it in. They was no wiring to deal with if I remember it is just an addition to the speedometer housing. Bolted it in, mounted the adjustment knob, and that was it. I bought the hole speedometer with it all ready mounted from the factory on it.

·
11,673 Posts
Joe, the speedo has a internal contact that the white pointer controls. When you turn the knob under the dash to move the pointer, you move the contact (inside speedo). When your speed matched pointer, then it completes a curcuit and makes the buzzer buzz. You should have a single 12v power feed wire and a 2 wire plug to the back of the speedo, buzzer is grounded through metal bracket attached to metal dash support. There is also a pigtail off of the power feed wire. That is used for other accesories, i.e. clock. It is not needed for speed warning to work.

Luck, Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts