Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
Tim - The Northwest 1969 Camaro
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to shorten two of my gauge harnesses by a few feet. I can either reuse the Delphi connectors if I can find new pins or install new 3 pin connectors on the gauge end. My question is does anyone know the exact name of these connectors:

·
Premium Member
Ben - Delaware - 67 Camaro
501 Posts
why not cut, splice, solder?make your cuts back far enough from the connectors so not to disturb the factory connection. heat shrink and be done

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought it was Molex as well but I spent a good two hours digging around and couldn't find the same thing. I could cut and splice but thought if someone new and I could buy a couple for five bucks I could avoid doing so.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pretty sure that is a Molex connector. If you scratch around on eBay you will find the pins.

Here’s an example

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Molex-6-Pi...227756?hash=item5d7e05302c:g:ki8AAOSw0GNbEbjm

Don
It does look like a Molex. It might be this one:

https://www.alliedelec.com/m/d/1c5176c922e83787f6afc63398c7fcc9.pdf

Allied Electronics is a great source for connectors.
Determining the correct wire gauge will help you find the right pins.
Molex sometimes stamps their name into the plastic connector.
Thanks guys. My eyes were bleeding trying to find the damn thing but near as I can tell these are 22-24 gauge wires. I'll keep poking around

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
Thanks guys. My eyes were bleeding trying to find the damn thing but near as I can tell these are 22-24 gauge wires. I'll keep poking around
They look like larger gauge than that in the pic.... They appear to be Molex regardless and the ones I linked are 18-24 gauge so should be fine.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
You are like the Ebay search guru of gurus. I think I'll order these just to see if the male will plug in. If so, it's off to the races! Thanks again for taking the time to help out.
I never drank the Amazon Koolaid especially the Prime flavor. :smile2: I got addicted to eBay because they didn’t charge sales tax until recently.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I never drank the Amazon Koolaid especially the Prime flavor. :smile2: I got addicted to eBay because they didn’t charge sales tax until recently.

Don
I get it - been chugging the Primo beer for quite some time! I have noticed you regularly go to Ebay to provide examples and it has encouraged me to take a closer look. They just annoy me with their new restrictions on reserves and the fees I pay when I sell (seems like they get higher and higher) but I do love the free shipping on almost all items.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts