Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my speedo and other gauges are out of the car, what do you do to rebuild them? They were working before, but since they are out of the car and 30+ years old I thought it would be a good time to rebuild them.

Is there a place to send them to? Is it cost effective to have them rebuilt or should they be replaced?

Let me know what you guys have done.....

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you have oem stuff, I would definitely keep it. IMO, oem is always better than repro. stuff. I have a problem with my tach, someone on this site told me about North Hollywood Speedo and Clock. I havn't sent my stuff to them yet, but the person who mentioned them said they had fixed his tach before. Give them a call at 818-761-5136. I plan on sending them my tach in the near future.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I had North Hollywood speedometer rebuild the speedo in my 67 after it broke. It works now, but the needle is bouncier than it was before it broke. They charged me $120 to rebuild the speedo. This was not a conversion - they rebuilt it using stock parts. The face was also not rescreened - it was purely a mechanical rebuild. If I were to do it again, I'd probably invest another $80 and do a 5" Autometer speedo/tach conversion.

------------------
Justin Traunero
[email protected]

-1967 Camaro SS350 clone

My 1967 Camaro

1 - 5 of 5 Posts