Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Thats correct, in fact my new speedo cable came with a piece of paper telling me to grease the cable that way. I pulled it apart, greased and slid it back in. It came with a decent amount of grease already on the cable. I bought my new speedo cable from rockauto.com

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about the dry graphite. Like the stuff we used to lube the wheels of my step sons pine box derby racer right? The cable does have some lube on it right out of the package. Just want to make sure it is good to go so I only have to drop the steering column once.

Mark

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just FYI, you can get to the cable without pulling the column or cluster. At least on my '68. You need to feel for the cable, but I have big hands and it wasn't that bad.
This will be the first time I have done a speedo cable and one guy told me it was easier to drop the steering column and one told me that I could do it with out dropping the column. Regardless of which way I choose it doesn't seem like it should be that difficult but then again.....(insert desired reference to Murphy's law here)

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts