Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Muncie M20 from 1970 in my Camaro. The driving gear for the speedo has worn down so that the speedo doesn't work.

I ordered a new gear from Rick's but got something that doesn't look like my old one at all. The part form Rick is the one I ordered so they haven't done anything wrong.

My gear was white nylon so I ordered a white gear. The one I have has 8 tooth and I got one that has 19 tooth. Another thing that is wrong with the new one is that it is larger in shaftdiameter than the old one. So I have gotten a wrong gear, period.

The GM/ACDelco # on the new one is 8640188.

Anyone has any information why this is so wrong? I have searched this forum and haven't found any answers more than that it should be a 8 tooth gear in this type of transmission.

But where do I find it???

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Jan

·
Registered
104 Posts
hi there jan, first of all you say you need the 8 tooth gear, this should be the drive gear on the mainshaft of the transmission,was it a steel press on gear or the nylon slip fit gear with the clip that holds it in place. also it sounds like they sent you the driven gear that goes into the speedo housing, let me know if you need some help you can call at 1 800 405 4226 thanks regards tom T&B Trans &Gear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts