Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the week-end sorting through the various parts I have for the dash in my 69. I am not sure "interesting" is the right word for that task, but it was. Does anyone happen to know of a way to bench test a speedo or tach for accuracy - or even if they work at all?

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
you could test the speedo pretty easy by spinning it with a drill, use a broken piece of cable. the tach has to be hooked. 3 wires, power ground, and neg side of coil, not sure which is which.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim! I'll give it a "whirl" and see what happens. My guess is both of my units are bad, but I'd like to save them if possible. If they are bad, is there a way or an outfit that will rebuild them?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
You might try picking up a copy of Hemmings. They usually have several advertisements for this service. Your yellow pages might also list a local speedometer repair shop. If they can repair a speedo, they should also do tachs. I had both my tach and clock reworked by North Hollywood Speedometer (818)761-5136. Not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts