Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to replace my Speedometer cable and CANNOT find the insert in the tranny. There is a hole where it looks like it should go but no screw cap to screw on the cable. Am I looking in the right spot?

Can anyone help me out here?

Any pics would be great!
Thanks-

·
Registered
2,108 Posts

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
You also need to buy the little bracket that holds the bullet onto the tranny. It's a small rectangular piece with one bolt hole. The thickness is the same as the slot on the pic above, and then the bracket gets bolted to the transmission housing.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
You also need to buy the little bracket that holds the bullet onto the tranny. It's a small rectangular piece with one bolt hole. The thickness is the same as the slot on the pic above, and then the bracket gets bolted to the transmission housing.
And the right gear to put in the bullet.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it possible that the hole I am talking about in the tranny has fluid leaking out of it? (fluid leaking very slowly)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Is it possible that the hole I am talking about in the tranny has fluid leaking out of it? (fluid leaking very slowly)
Sure. Definitely possible. You should also stick your finger in there are see if you feel a gear behind it. If you don't the tail housing has to come off to install one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts