Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
Just purchased a 69 camaro and the light that illuminates the speedometer went out. Just curious if this might be a simple bulb I could replace or a more in depth repair where I’d have to take apart part of the dash. Classics are new to me so I appreciate the help in advance.

· Registered
1,314 Posts
Hello!
Just purchased a 69 camaro and the light that illuminates the speedometer went out. Just curious if this might be a simple bulb I could replace or a more in depth repair where I’d have to take apart part of the dash. Classics are new to me so I appreciate the help in advance.
Simple bulb replace. You can remove the green lens as well so you can see the numbers, and this is your result.

Attachments

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So - I removed the clear window that covers the speedometer - super easy - thank you. Found the row with the 4 bulbs for the turn signal lights, low fuel, etc. Replaced all of the bulbs, but that didn't fix my issue. only the left turn signal bulb (on the far left of the row) is working. The others aren't lighting up. And it doesn't look like any of bulbs are for the speedo illumination itself. Any idea what might be causing the issue? And is there a separate bulb that lights the speedo itself, by chance? Thanks in advance.

· Registered
112 Posts
The bulb you are looking for is on top of the unit in the dash and not in the bezels. The bulbs you found are for the idiot lights if you do not have gauges. If you have gauges half of the bulbs will not work as they are not wired in

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bulb you are looking for is on top of the unit in the dash and not in the bezels. The bulbs you found are for the idiot lights if you do not have gauges. If you have gauges half of the bulbs will not work as they are not wired in
Thanks! Found and replaced - and I removed the green shade over the light! Appreciate the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts